Saturday, May 8, 2010

Interpretive Dance: Balloons, Balloons, Balloons

Some impromptu interpretive dancing took place this evening. The name of the first dance was "Sandwiches, sandwiches, sandwiches." It featured some slow-motion break-dancing action with noodly arm gestures, a truly brilliant piece of work. I'm sorry I didn't record it for posterity. However, I did capture "Balloons, Balloons, Balloons," a lesser but still captivating piece.



(Yes, there are ice cube trays filled with mud on the deck. Where else would one keep them?)

After this, he performed a third interpretive dance, "Happy Sun Kid". It included butt scratching and some advanced prop work with a plastic chair.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes me want to be a kid and dance around on the deck!

Suzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzy said...

I am still smiling!

So joyous to be a child.

I especially like the careful placement of the scooter and a the addition prop of the basket...lol.

Stomper Girl said...

Oh my God I love your accent!

He's like a basket-throwing wind sprite, your child, running restlessly hither and yon, and then freezing suddenly when he spies something interesting. You can put that on the blurb for the program at his formal dance recital.

Robbie said...

We should all be and feel this free

secret agent woman said...

I love the wild abandon of a kid dancing.

Meggie said...

What a happy enchanted childhood he is having. You are responsible!