... to "the absentee blogger".
I've been sewing and sewing and sewing, trying to meet deadlines. Husband gets off work, I throw some dinner glop on a plate and maybe finish some chores, then I start a several hour stretch of sewing. Pretty soon I'll know if I'm going to make the next deadline or I'll have to blow it off. Then maybe there'll be a breather. This current piece is huge (for me) and the lines of stitching are maybe 1/32 - 1/16 apart.
I blame Ricë Freeman-Zachery. She made the very good point on (I think) her blog that artists actually sit down and make art instead of writing about how they want to make art but don't have time. Or maybe she said something entirely different. Heck, I don't remember. Anyhow, it really hit home. If I want my work to improve sooner rather than later, if there are specific goals I want to reach, I need to put in the hours.
There's stuff over on my arts blog about a couple of exhibits my stuff will be in. Don't know where my arts blog is? Oh, well. My loss. If I didn't have such a loose, indiscreet tongue, I wouldn't have to have one of my blogs be anonymous.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So long as you post pics of the quilt on that other blog, I'm ok with waiting.
Life first, blog second. That's sane.
I'll wait for you, always.
Post a Comment