Here's an amusing post from Doublecheese, related to concern over potentially poisoning her cat with flea meds. (See her previous post for the poisoning episode.)
I wish she'd write about what one should do when a wild, skittish, feral cat decides that it isn't feral anymore, and in fact it looooves you. I am not a cat person. I got a brush for this particular cat so that I could perform maintenance on it and, I guess, help it feel nurtured without having to actually touch it.
In the course of little over a year, it has gone from being a mute invisible cat, which was rather pleasant, to a cat who comes to the door twice a day and meows, loudly, because it wants to be brushed. This morning it put a paw on my lap, thinking about crawling up there.
Please. Not me. I'm not a cat person. Can't it love someone who actually likes cats? How about my husband? He likes cats.
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Nope. He chose you. You will have to eventually capitulate and love him back. That's usually how it works with cats...
Just adopt him right away and get it over with.
Meany! You led him up the garden path and now you want to reject his advances? Shame on you. He has chosen you. Enjoy the adoration. Not to mention, keep brushing!
I agree with the others.
When it comes to cats, you don't get a lot of say in the matter.
Jazz - I'm afraid to love any animals right now. They simply die and pull your heartstrings out after a period of time which seems all too short. Loving a feral cat, who could simply disappear or turn up poisoned or run over, seems especially fraught.
Molly - Say, I don't suppose you'd like a cat, would you? It's low maintenance, just requires brushing twice a day.
Aunty - I'm coming to suspect that you're right.
Post a Comment