Saturday, July 17, 2010

Blog guilt

I have blog guilt:

blog guilt
noun

The feeling of having done wrong or failed in not getting around to read my blog friends' entries.


It's sort of like not writing thank-you notes until five years after a wedding, except worse.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's terrible when something that you do as an enjoyable outlet for yourself becomes a task to complete and a source of guilt...

Warty Mammal said...

There is that, but in a way what's more terrible is that I've reached adulthood with the social skills of a rock. Not that that's an excuse.

Aunty Evil said...

I agree with Tracey. And that happened to me, I started to stress about not updating regularly and ended up worrying...then one day I just deleted it. That, I know now was a mistake, all those stories gone forever, but it was like a burst of freedom!

Since I came back, I very irregularly update my blog and tend to spend more time at other people's. I think I like it like that.

secret agent woman said...

Ach, blog however you want to. Seriously. And it's not the same as not writing thank you notes for gifts - that is a genuine obligation. Reading other blogs happens as you have the time and interest, period.

(If you want to feel guilty, feel guilty about forcing me to type "uniestro" three times before I got the word verification right.)

Jazz said...

If I start only blogging once a month will that make it easier for you? Course, then I'd feel guilty for not blogging, but that wouldn't be your problem

Meggie said...

I have blog guilt too. I love all the bloggers I read, but these days, I get behind, and my own blogging is lagging severely.

Gianna said...

If it makes you feel any better, I don't read your blog (anyone's for that matter) every day. I'd love to, but like seems to take over. The reading often happens when I have a bloc of time and then sit down and read through several days worth. It's actually kinda fun that way, though. I feel very indulgent. It's a bit like being able to eat the chocolate cake, and the cheesecake, and all 3 kinds of cookies all at one time. Only, of course, far less fattening!